The rapid rise in the adoption of cloud services has resulted in nearly all businesses placing at least part of the IT operation within the cloud. In fact many businesses that provide online services use other cloud providers for the back end infrastructures that their own offerings rely on.
However as business and consumers alike the security risks from this exposure to third party service delivery and the privacy and security risks to data from attack, misuse and authorised access or transmission are well known and still cited as barriers to adoption.
Delivering cloud monitoring and security as part of the cloud operating model, and in many cases being able to either assure or demonstrate this security to customers, is increasingly being seen as a way to break down sales barriers and to differentiate services to risk-savvy buyers.
Huntsman® provides a flexible and feature rich security monitoring and incident management solution to cloud providers who have specific security and compliance requirements placed upon them; or who have a need to undertake monitoring of their own systems or those of customers.
- Multi-tenancy design enables separation of data from different customer environments or virtual datacentres within single management system; enabling one view for management but partitioned data for customer consumption.
- Pre-defined compliance packs comprising alerts, queries/reports and dashboards enable technical teams and management to gain a clear view of compliance status in real-time across all systems.
- Flexible deployment and licencing options enables capability to grow and flex with the business as the cloud service customer base grows.
- Support for a wider range of security solutions, platforms, virtualised environments and network infrastructure elements means maximum visibility and minimum effort to get up and running quickly.
Huntsman Security can provide a specific briefing paper on Huntsman® solution within cloud environments:
- Cloud Solution Brief
Our white paper on Cloud security also covers this growing areas of IT delivery:
- Cloud computing: Multiplying the risks
In certain sectors the need for compliance either at a service provision layer or within individual customer enclaves means that a range of standards must be supported. For example Huntsman enables compliance reporting as part of:
- FISMA / NIST SP800-53