Huntsman training provides you with comprehensive, interactive instructor-lead training programs tailored for Huntsman Security software, comprising formal lectures, class discussions and practical exercises. This format ensures that, whether you’re an administrator or business user, you’ll gain a practical understanding about how to use and optimise our technology in your environment.
Course duration: 1 day
This hands-on course is designed for analysts and users whose role is monitoring and investigating security events in a SOC/ NOC environment. Course participants will learn about Huntsman Security Next Gen SIEM technology, its capabilities and how to:
- Use the software to monitor and interpret security information
- Conduct detailed drilldown of data for forensic analysis and audit
- Create and track security incidents
- Present data visually in a variety of forms
- Generate and schedule reports in support of investigations.
Certified Administrator Course
Course duration: 3 days
This targeted course is for technical personnel whose role is systems administration of Huntsman Security Next Gen SIEM software. In addition to an overview of IT security principles and architecture, this detailed program covers installation, configuration and use of the software, and trouble-shooting.
Course participants will learn how to:
- Deploy the system
- Configure access based on roles and integration with external authentication systems
- Add agents and import new data sources
- Manage stored data and configure archiving policies
- Configure both rule-based and anomaly-based alerting
- Best practice and general trouble shooting.
Advanced Administrator Course
Course duration: 2 days
This course is for Huntsman Certified Administrators with a minimum of two months on the job experience of running Huntsman Security Next Gen SIEM software. It is designed to impart advanced skills that ensure administrators and their staff achieve the very best from their deployment.
Course participants will learn about:
- Advanced design and configuration, including Zone Collector deployments
- Advanced alerting including alerting chains, and using external sources for alert contextualisation
- Integration of complex data sources including the use of the unstructured parser and regular expressions
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting labs.
Essential 8 Scorecard Course
Course duration: 1 day
This hands-on training course is intended for those whose job function is to monitor and mitigate Cyber Security Threats. It provides detailed coverage of how Huntsman Security’s Essential 8 Scorecard solution can be configured and utilised to provide continuous monitoring of the effectiveness of an organisation’s implementation of the ACSC Essential 8 controls.
Course participants will:
- Learn how the solution operates including the setup of the individual components, ongoing maintenance, trouble shooting and key user functionality
- Obtain hands on experience of using the Dashboard and the drill down functionality
- Gain an understanding of the reporting functionality and the reports generated
Find out more about Huntsman training