What is the ACSC Essential Eight?
The Australian Cyber Security Centre’s (ACSC) Essential Eight (E8) mitigation strategies is a prioritised list of practical actions organisations can take to make their computers more secure. ACSC claims that when implemented effectively, the Essential Eight mitigates 85% of targeted cyber-attacks.
Why should your organisation implement the mitigation strategies?
The Australian Federal Government mandated the Top 4 of these mitigation strategies for government departments back in 2014. The Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit (JCPAA) has now recommended the Australian Government mandates the ACSC Essential Eight for all Government agencies. The Australian National Audit Office’s latest report supports these recommendations.
How can your organisation measure its compliance to the ACSC Essential Eight?
Whether your environment is on-premise, cloud or hybrid, you will require monitoring and real-time reporting to assess your ongoing compliance posture to the ACSC Essential Eight risk mitigation strategies.
Alerting on each control with accurate reporting your security team can ensure Essential Eight compliance and make rapid decisions that enhance your level of cyber resilience.
Huntsman Security Essential Eight reporting module continuously collects and analyses events from your infrastructure, systems, services and applications to deliver measurement against the ACSC Essential Eight risk mitigation strategies.
Learn how to map your compliance to the ACSC Essential Eight, download the guide ACSC Essential Eight Compliance Guide
Why Customers use Huntsman Security technology for ACSC E8 Monitoring?
Flexibility and Visibility
- Operates across cloud, on-premise or hybrid environments
- Accurate and continuous view of compliance
- Reliable metrics for governance review
Improves effectiveness of resources
- Removes unknown of compliance self-assessment and reporting
- Instantly identifies non-compliance for remediation
- Saves time, cost and money when compared to a breach
Positions cyber security as a strategic priority
- E8 mitigation strategies recommended for adoption by all Government
- E8 monitoring critical to enhancing cyber posture and security awareness
- E8 is key to defence and resilience that support on-going government service and operations
To make an appointment or speak with the Huntsman Security team directly:
Head Office Sydney Tel: +61 2 9419 3200