The importance of having visibility of your organisation’s cyber risk
If your organisation’s stakeholders don’t have a clear, shared view of your organisation’s cyber security position, how can they manage it and incorporate it into their risk management decision making? Having the ability to quantify cyber risk is imperative in today’s operating environment. Imagine having:
- An immediate view of security control effectiveness
- A continuous measurement of cyber security posture
- Visibility of performance against key security controls, including trends over time
- Assurance that you are improving resistance to cyber threats
Huntsman Security’s Essential 8 Auditor and Essential 8 Scorecard solutions can provide your organisation’s stakeholders with instant, objective visibility of how the business is tracking against the most common cyber defence stress points.
Objective cyber metrics using a trusted framework
Using Australian government’s ACSC Essential 8 Framework, found to mitigate 85% of targeted attacks, the solutions deliver cyber performance metrics measured and calculated against the eight most fundamental mitigation strategies required to protect your organisation.
Automation delivers instant reporting
The Essential 8 solutions streamline and minimise the operational security reporting overhead on your team; they simply gather data from ongoing security operations and through direct connections to systems and configuration interfaces to automatically establish weak points, policy failures and vulnerabilities to the most common attack types; vulnerabilities that are said to have led to more than 85% of enterprise security breaches and malware outbreaks in recent years.
The functionality provides summary and detailed control status reports covering:
- Patching and vulnerability management of systems and applications
- Application whitelisting, patching, configuration and macro execution control
- User management and authentication
- Privileged Admin Management activity
- Daily backup of important data
Improve the communication of your cyber security position
Sharing the key performance metrics of your organisation’s cyber security position, gives you the best chance of protecting your business. Giving all stakeholders key insights enables them to make informed decisions that drive the strategy, health and competitiveness of your business.
Why customers use Huntsman Security’s Essential 8 solutions
Flexibility and Visibility
- Operates across cloud, on premise or hybrid environments
- Accurate and continuous view of common cyber defence stress points
- Risk reporting – provides reliable metrics for management decision-making
Improves effectiveness of resources
- Removes unknown of self-assessment and reporting
- Instantly identifies weaknesses for remediation
- Minimises operational security reporting commitments
- Saves time, cost and money when compared to a breach
Aligns to Government recommendations
- Australian Government’s ACSC Essential Eight recommended cyber security controls
- UK Government’s NCSC recommended 10 Steps to Cyber Security
Find out more about cyber risk measurement